Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Despite some minor hiccups, life is pretty great :)

I mean, I still struggle from time to time with wanting to know the future, but who doesn't? Most of the time I'm able to take comfort in the Lord. He always reminds me of Psalm 119:105, "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path." His word isn't a pair of headlights looking in to the distance. He isn't showing me all the things down the road. Because none of that matter now. What matters is the next few steps. And He is lighting those steps for me. I know the next three steps of my life. Summer at Dutch Creek Trails. Fall 2011 at App and Spring 2012 at App. The Lord has yet to reveal to me the next step, but I know He will in due time. It's comforting to know that!

Last week was pretty amazing. Every day was such a blessing. And not because anything amazing happened, but because I was really spending some good time with the Lord. And not just my "quiet time." I was really talking with Him all day long. What a joy. Now, if only I could do that all day every day. I could probably fix all the world's problems, haha. But it was great. And it gave me something to strive towards every day. I know what it can be like, so I will strive for it to be like that!

I recently began reading Sun Stand Still by Steven Furtick, and I love it. A good part of that is probably that I've been listening to his podcasts for a while, but it's also a great book. I would recommend it for every Christian. The basic premise of the book is to awaken you to God's will in your life. And not just for the little things. Steven says. "In short, I'm out to activate your audacious faith. To inspire you to ask God for the impossible. And in the process, to reconnect you with your God-sized purpose and potential." But it's not all about going out and starting mega-churches or leading hundreds of kids to Christ or anything so dramatic. It's about fixing a relationship you thought would be forever broken. It's about overcoming that weakness within you or breaking that addiction. And it's not about doing this and doing that. It's about getting to know the Lord. On page 26 he says "Seizing His big purpose for your life is not just about figuring out what God wants from you and getting down to business. It's also about becoming intimately acquainted with who Jesus is. It's about mining the depths of who you are in Him." How awesome is that? I want that. I want to better know the Lord so I can better know myself. Because in that, I can serve Him and bring Glory to His name.

For a long time I've felt a stirring within me, and my hope is that this book will help me to dive in and figure out what that stirring is. It's intimidating a lot of the time. I have ideas of how the Lord can use my talents and passions. Maybe this book will help to give me the courage to start praying prayers that make the Sun Stand Still. If you're interested in the book, I would also suggest listening to Steven's sermon "Sun Stand Still." I love it. I think I've listened to it 3 times, haha.

Anyway, there is homework that must be done if I want to make it to steps 2 and 3 that the Lord has shown me, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment